Don’t forget to sign up to the mailing list to make sure you don’t miss out in January, just email your details to [email protected]
We’ve made quite a few changes to the newsletter this December, ready to bring in the new year. We hope you like it!
As well as a new approach, focusing on different areas of digital skills (this issue spotlights digital ‘communications’), we’re launching what we believe is the world’s first corporate newsletter problem page! FutureDotNow’s own digital agony dames, Liz and Holly are here to help you through your digital dilemmas… We’re also revealing your Dirty Digital Secrets! And we have a fun survey, with a serious side too, so don’t hesitate to get involved in that too!
You can read the newsletter in full here, but here is a sneak peak of what’s included:
- Communications, the first Essential Digital Skill: Some insights into digital communications skills, how FutureDotNow’s members are trading hints, tips and best practice between each other, walking in each other’s ‘digital shoes’, digital democracy in the workplace and frustrations in supermarkets.
- Essential Digital Skills qualifications: Find out more about the Department for Education’s recently launched Essential Digital Skills qualifications (EDSQs).
- FutureDotNow to launch essential digital skills playbook: In January 2021 FutureDotNow will launch its first essential digital skills ‘playbook’, find out how you can hear more about it in the newsletter
- Social Mobility Commission highlights training issues: Some insights into how two new studies from the Social Mobility Commission have highlighted the importance of in-work training, including digital skills, to progress workers out of low pay and improve social mobility.
- FutureDotNow November Coalition Meeting: Find out more about our latest coalition meeting.
- Digital Dilemmas with Liz and Holly: In what we believe is a first for a corporate newsletter, FutureDotNow’s Liz and Holly have answered your digital dilemmas.
- Your fast FutureDotNow Survey!: We’re acting fast on tackling the nation’s digital skills. And we’re giving you the chance to give us some quick answers we can use in the future. It’s fast to fill in, and there are a few twists! Your FutureDotNow scary survey! Do the survey HERE
- Dirty Digital Secrets!: We’ve asked the team at FutureDotNow and some friends about their own inner digital skills crisis. Facing up to our Dirty Digital Secrets is the first step to addressing them!
If you have an idea or comment about the newsletter, please contact our head of comms and newsletter editor, David Pincott at [email protected]