FutureDotNow is uniting business to tackle the gap in essential digital skills in the UK workforce.
By convening stakeholders from across business, government and civil society we can take action to equip working-age adults with the skills they need to thrive in work today and prepare for our digital future.
With the support of our partners, and through our members’ employees, customers, and supply chains we’re reaching millions, and can have an exponential impact on digital capability and confidence across UK industry.
Here’s how you can get involved.
1. Become a strategic partner
Help to drive our strategy and support our impact
2. FutureDotNow Membership
Commit to accelerating the digital skills of your people
3. Roadmap activation project
Shape the future of digital capability in the UK workforce
“One of the great things about FutureDotNow is that it’s business led, i.e., those that need the talent and need to fill the gap to run their business and be economically successful.
“We benefit from greater skills and capability in our workforce and being a magnet for talent. Playing our role within FutureDotNow is a good thing for us as businesses, but a better thing for wider society and the role of business in it.”
Kevin Ellis, Chairman and Senior Partner, PwC UK
1. Become a FutureDotNow strategic partner
We are now seeking 15 organisations to directly support our work in 2024. As part of a small strategic community, you will help to drive our work addressing the workplace digital skills gap. The cost is £30,000 p/a.
Our strategic partners will:
- Lead and shape the delivery of our programme of work as we tackle the recommendations of our Digital Skills Roadmap
- Engage with government and policy makers to champion this agenda
- Collaborate with industry leaders via our Senior Leaders Council and other working groups
- Provide strategic direction and oversight to FutureDotNow as a charity
- Have priority access to all FutureDotNow events and resources
2. FutureDotNow membership
The FutureDotNow coalition brings together organisations that want to work together to accelerate the digital upskilling of their employees, customers and wider community.
We help members:
- Understand and articulate the issue so they can make the case for action in their organisation
- Learn from others so they can benefit from the work of those further along in their upskilling journey
- Build a programme to improve the digital confidence and capability of their workforce
We ask members to:
- Leverage the common language and framework of Essential Digital Skills
- Assess the Essential Digital Skills of their workforce
- Help their workforce to build the Essential Digital Skills for Work
3. Join the FutureDotNow Roadmap Activation Project
Do you want to help shape the future of the digital skills landscape, and take part in a program making a material difference to the digital capability of the UK workforce?
As part of our Roadmap Activation Project, we’re establishing three ‘Task and Finish’ groups that will see industry peers come together to take action on the recommendations made in the Digital Skills Roadmap.
Aligned to the three action areas of the roadmap (Strategy, Delivery and Culture), these groups will scope and define a delivery plan, and set out the activity, milestones and resources needed to have impact.
The Task and Finish groups will bring together individuals from industry, local and national government, civil society and academia, to collaborate on solutions to the Essential Digital Skills gap facing UK industry.
We are recruiting members to these groups now, with activity expected to commence in October 2023.
If you’d like to be considered for one of the groups, or would like to know more, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.